Household Automation has been specifying and installing the Sonos multi-room audio range since it was introduced to the UK.
Why multiroom audio?
- Choose from many different audio sources.
- Play something different in every room or link rooms together.
- Ease of control – using smartphones, tablets or PC’s
As a multi-room audio system Sonos has achieved amazing market penetration. The product provides complete flexibility and is competatively priced. The reliability of Sonos is exceptional due to its use of ‘mesh’ networking technologies. Expanding the system is a very easy process with a step-by-step guide.
One of the biggest features is the free Sonos app, which is available on an impressive range of devices such as iPhone/iPad, Android, Mac and Windows. It gives total control of the system via a user friendly, graphical display.
What can I play?
- Internet Radio – Whether you want your favourite local station or one of 1000’s of radio stations from all over the world, Sonos has teamed up with tunein radio to offer an exceptional choice of radio stations.
- Network Music – We can install a networked hard drive and link it to your Sonos system, for you to store your personal music collection. Upload your music and browse through and play it straight from the Sonos app.
- Napster – With a catalogue of over 8 million songs – pop, hip-hop, rock, country, jazz, classical, and more – you’ll have unlimited music on demand. Ideal if you don’t want to upload all of your music or simply don’t have much (if anything) of a music collection!
- Spotify – Instantly access a world of music – starting with an ever-expanding library, incredible playlists and unlimited music at your fingertips. Because Sonos connects directly to Spotify via the Internet, you can play it all without docking or turning on your computer.
- Last.FM – Last.fm is a global music service that lets you play, share and discover new music. You can also create personal radio stations based on your musical tastes. Just pick up your Sonos Controller and enter the name of your favourite artist or genre and Last.fm will play radio customised just for you. The more you listen, the more Last.fm learns what you like so it can continually recommend new tracks and stations.
Household Automation has many Sonos installations completed and in progress and would welcome the chance to provide more information on Sonos equipment. We design and install Sonos on many scales – from systems containing just a couple of zones through to whole house solutions incorporating home cinema.